Tomorrow (2022) is a fantasy-action Korean drama that explores social points, raises consciousness on suicide, and prevents circumstances by serving to involved folks change their mindset and methods.
The present is rated 18+ that incorporates violence, substances, sexual violence, suicide, and self-harm. Each episode begins with a warning that claims, “Tomorrow is a fantasy collection a couple of particular workforce who takes care of people with a excessive threat of suicide. In case you are fighting these themes, this present is probably not best for you.”
The subject sounds heavy but arouses curiosity for viewers who can deal with in watching it. The varied tales of suicide in 4 episodes to date, are sensible in illustrating what they expertise mentally and emotionally. The digital camera works, technical results, musical rating, in addition to the cinematography look extremely spectacular whereas the actors’ performances are all nice.
Regardless of its delicate theme, actor Rowoon’s character as an harmless and gullible Grim Reaper makes the drama one way or the other lighter and enjoyable to look at.
Nevertheless, listed here are three factors to ponder and think about whereas watching the collection:
1. It’s an eye-opening expertise to see the internal battles of an individual who takes one’s personal life.
Suicide is among the most critical well being considerations worldwide. In accordance with World Well being Group (WHO), greater than 700,000 folks take their very own life yearly and that South Korea is the fourth highest nation on suicide price on the planet.
The Korean collection, Tomorrow, which began airing final April 1, 2022, explores this subject with lifelike tales. Though fictional, it serves as an eye-opening expertise that unearthes what goes on within the thoughts of an individual who takes one’s personal life.
With out going into the main points of each story to keep away from spoilers, listed here are some examples of conversations that conveys the feelings of somebody struggling helplessly:
“What adjustments whenever you die? What does that resolve?”
“A minimum of I gained’t be depressing.”
“It seems like everybody’s shifting forward and I’m the one one who’s misplaced my means. Like I’m the one loser. Like I’m the one one standing nonetheless.”
“With time, you need to’ve forgotten about it. Should you couldn’t, you need to’ve overcome it. You assume every part shall be over in case you die?”
“A minimum of it’ll damage lower than it does now.”
- “I really feel like I’m trapped in a endless forest of time.”
- “Tomorrow shall be no totally different from right this moment, so will or not it’s any totally different a yr from now?”
- “Moderately than dwelling like this, I believed dying could be the higher possibility.”
- “You don’t know what this ache is like. You may’t even think about it.”
- “It may need been only a second for you, however for me, it’s been a lifetime. The trauma.”
- “He’s not doing something. It’s as if time has stopped for him.”
- “There was one thing damaged about her. She was trapped prior to now. Like a prisoner. Unable to neglect…”
- “Those that stomp on others don’t keep in mind. Solely those that get stomped on keep in mind.”
- “Some persons are the alternative. Their previous turns into extra painful as time goes by and turns into wounds, and after they can’t bear it anymore, they make that drastic resolution.”
2. It illustrates the fact on how society offers and responds otherwise with an individual’s ache.
The drama’s strategy in displaying totally different sorts of perspective and responses on ache and suicide is considerably true and sensible.
Firstly, it introduces the target one who sees the act of suicide greater than the struggling individual.
- “Suicide is a type of homicide. It’s a brutal homicide of themselves.”
- “How is taking your individual life any totally different from homicide? It’s the most egocentric act, without any consideration of the ache of these left behind.”
- “Suicide is the largest mistake a human could make and a criminal offense that ought to by no means be dedicated.”
- “Ache is the essence of life. It’s a dwelling human’s destiny to battle and transfer ahead regardless of that ache.”
Secondly, it introduces the empathic one who sees the individual in ache greater than the act of suicide.
- “These folks have been pushed by the world to the sting of the cliff. Don’t make mild of their decisions.”
- “It’s the last cry for assist from those that want to dwell greater than anybody else.”
- “Their lives might have been in that a lot ache. They may not have had another alternative.”
- “They simply need to smile and dwell regular lives. It’s not that they need to die. It’s that they only didn’t need to dwell like that. So don’t speak about them like that whenever you don’t know something about them.”
Thirdly, it introduces the passive one who dismisses the subject and rejects the individual in want.
- “Nobody ever helps as a result of they’re scared it’ll have an effect on them. It’s the identical then and now. Nothing has modified. It’s like a tunnel with no finish.”
- “The world is all the identical. Whether or not it’s at college or at work, nobody sides with losers such as you.”
- “Folks such as you at all times say you have been simply joking after trampling on somebody’s soul. However it’s hell for these on the receiving finish. Are you aware that?”
3. The drama supplies encouraging advices on life, however in the actual world, assist can also be out there.
The drama introduces the Danger Administration Workforce from Jumadeung Firm whose particular mission is to forestall suicide and save those that are about to surrender on their lives. It’s composed of three Grim Reapers, performed by Rowoon, Kim Hee-sun, and Yoo Ji-on.
The drama additionally provides assist to those that are fighting this well being concern, offering a hyperlink at first of every episode that claims, “For extra data and disaster assets, please go to Wanna Discuss About It.”
Listed here are different out there assets on-line:
Psychology At this time
In the meantime, listed here are some motivational items of recommendation from the collection:
“Failure means you need to strive once more. You simply should hold attempting onerous. Then it’ll work out someday. It’s going to.”
“As you reside, there’ll come a second whenever you notice it was all for right this moment. So dwell.”
“It seems to be like a passing bathe. It’s going to move by quickly, so don’t stand within the rain all by your self.”
“Thanks for hanging in there and for not giving up.”
Copyright 2022. Myra Bansale for KORB Weblog.
Style: Motion, Drama, Fantasy
Synopsis: The collection depicts the grim reapers who guided the useless to avoid wasting the individuals who need to die.
Based mostly on: a webtoon, Tomorrow by Llama
No. of episodes: 16
Starring: Kim Hee-sun, Rowoon, Lee Soo-hyuk, Yoon Ji-on
Written by: Park Ran-i, Park Ja-kyung, Kim Yu-jin
Directed by: Kim Tae-yoon, Sung Chi-wook
Authentic community: MBC, Netflix
Date: April 1 to Could 21, 2022
Pictures: MBC Drama